banner

banner

Friday, March 11, 2011

The start.

So I figured my first post would be about my favorite game ever, which is Chrono Trigger.

I remember getting this game when I was like 12, and loving it right away.

I bit on chrono trigger for those of you how have never seen or played it. You are a Swordman named Crono..and through an event you are thrown 400 years in the past to save a girl named Marle. Then you go into the future and see it is destoryed. Then you resolve to save the world.  This game was created by Squares "Dream Team", all the tops of their area of gaming getting together.

Anyway back to why I love this game. The characters well beautifully drawn with highly detailed backgrounds given it was just on the SNES.  The story spanned millions of years events in the past changing the future. I am a huge time travel freak.

You get 6 characters with an optional 7th, the 7th being your standard bad guy turning good guy..enemy of my enemy style. The battle system was easy to master but complex enough the battles were intresting.

The two coolest features in the game are: New Game Plus and The 13 or 14 different endings.  In new game plus it is simple, start off with your stats and weapons at the beginning of the game. Get your vegence on the starter enemies. The ends are all done in new game plus expect 3. You go beat the final boss at different points in the game and you change the ending, due to your not finishing things.

I could go on and on about this game. If you haven't played it..go play it on either the SNES, the DS, or on the PS1 (as part of Final Fantasy Chronicles)

Stay tuned for more..same bat time same bat channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment