banner

banner

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dragon Age 2

So I splurged and bought Dragon Age 2, because I loved the demo. Now I am not saying Orgins is a bad game because it's not..but 2 is just better in alot of ways.

They took out the race issue.
Gave the main character a voice
Skills/Talents more revelant to the character
Less micro managing of your allies equipment.

Plus the graphics are just better. I'll probably go back to Origins after i beat 2.  I do like how you can important save data from Origins and it effect the story of 2 to some degree.

It also gave a code for free DLC, which would of been 9.99$ by it's self..total score!! SO you can get alot of extra equipment buy doing stuff for the game like:
Registration of the game at BioWares social site
Signing up for a news letter
Playing their Dragon Age facebook game

Looking at the Dragon age 2 Wiki..the stuff is pretty good. So it is worth the time you invest to get the stuff.

So I am a playing as a Female Rogue, I like rogue skills and just their style and all. I pick a girl mostly cause, fuck I don't know..but she has the most stunning blue eyes...LOL

5 comments:

  1. I hate that they took out the races, personally. It was one of the reasons I enjoyed the first Dragon Age. I liked that depending on being a male/female and what your race was that you had a background and it gives the player more...control. I feel like they limited themselves with just having a human character. It was a big turn off and dropped it down on my list of games to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see your point as an EX-DnD player my self. But I like what they have done with just the human race in DA 2, I wish I could explain it more.. XD. I put down Origins and picked up to mostly because of the graphic and the more stream lined battle system..oh yah and I died like 20 times in the Fade while doing the Mages circle thing in Origins....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just totally remmeber why the race thing bugged me..sorry >.>

    Each race was pretty much the best at once class, even though they could play other, the race bonuses made them better at once specific class..so you were free to choice..but you weren't..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose that does limit the freedom of choice but if you think about it, it's pretty common sense. After all, a stealthy dwarf seems like a laugh to me- that's an elven sort of class. They're really light and quiet moving- especially elves that have grown up in the woods. That just makes sense. Generally, if you were going to play a rouge you were going to pick a human or an Elf. If you were going to pick a heavy attack character, obviously you were picking a human or a dwarf.

    The Mage story was the most exciting though! It was a little hard at first but if you get the hang of that class? Totally. Over powered. Godly even.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I agree..I always played an Elf Rogue in DnD, but the Elfs race bonuses favor a mage..while the best for the Rogue is the Dwarf, and the Human to be the sword using tank.

    Yes I heard that BioWare mages are drastically over powered, once they get going.

    ReplyDelete